Rules & Terms
1) Films that are 30 minutes or less can be submitted.
2) Upon submission of a project, the user certifies that all materials submitted to Altan Khalis Independent Film Festival is his or her own work, and that all other information provided, is true and factual.
3) All the submitted films will become part of Altan Khalis Independent Film Festival archives and will be made available for screening for publicity and non-commercial. We will not acquire the copyright.
4) In case of any unforeseen circumstances, the festival committee reserves the right to change the dates of the festival.
5) Altan Khalis Independent Film Festival will take considerable care to protect all information received, but in the event of information theft, the organisation is void of responsibilities, related profits, expenses and liabilities arising from the incident.
6) Altan Khalis Independent Film Festival will take reasonable care to protect all materials received. However, in the event where similar or identical materials, in terms of idea, plot, theme or other elements, have been created by the other filmmakers, the festival and its staff are void of responsibilities and the obligation to compensate. Similar or identical materials are purely coincidental and have been independently created.
7) Altan Khalis Independent Film Festival reserves the right to organize the presentation of materials in any order.
8) You agree to indemnify and hold Altan Khalis Independent Film Festival harmless, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity.
9) If selected we will need digital screening formats such as high quality H264 files which can be downloaded through cloud services (MEGA, Dropbox, etc.) Send us an e-mail for details.
10) If not selected Altan Khalis Independent Film Festival will not explain from on behalf of its selection committee to the submitters.
11) By submitting your film to the Altan Khalis Independent Film Festival the individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements, rules and regulations.
12) All entry fees are non-refundable.
*** Awards ***
ALTAN KHALIS AWARD Grand Prix (1000 USD Cash Prize)
REEL DEAL AWARD The Best of Each Category
At the heart of filmmaking is storytelling, and every new generation of filmmakers could, through experimentation, uncover new devices and formulae to tell stories. It enriches the filmmaker’s palette of tools to convey ideas and emotions that can only be conveyed by film.
Devoid of the traditional storytelling, but aspires to the pure non-representational form of filmmaking.
Any documentary short that can be deemed expressive and experimental. Creative documentaries are most welcome.
At least 70 percent of the film should be animated whether it's narrative or non-narrative.
Withoutabox logos are trademarks of Withoutabox, a DBA of IMDb.com Inc. or its affiliates.